James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Angel, Devil, Angel, Devil...

Sometimes, my daughter is a sweet little angel.


But most of the time lately, she is not.


Yep, Lola branded me with that giant scar under my nose and above my lip.  You know, in case the other babies tried to come crawling around for affection.  It's a message, and a strong one.

The girl has learned that her fingernails hold great power and refuses to let me clip them.  I have scratches on my chest, my back and my arms. 

She also finds it extremely therapeutic to grab my nose, cheeks and eyeballs and twist until I scream out in pain.  I scream, she giggles.

Maybe I let her watch too many Sayid scenes during our Lost marathons.

Should I be concerned?

All I know is I'm sleeping with one eye open from this point forward.  Heaven help me when the kid starts to walk.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

finger nail clipping: binki, annoying cartoon, and a quick hand.

makes the face grabbing MUCH nicer! :) cause grabbing turns to poking and yelling "NOSE!" and neither one feels good.

Jessica said...

A few good scratches to the face always make me happy to pin Ellie down and clip her fingernails by force. ;)

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I have a scar on my nose from those fingernails. But it was worth it. She is so darn cute.