James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Triumph...

Good news to report.  My personal stand against winter and all things frigid seems to have made quite an impact on the weather gods.

Snowflakes have been replaced by blossoms, dark skies chased away by clear blue.  And the sun, oh the blessed sun, kissed me so hard on a walk yesterday I have the freckles to prove it.


In the heat of my spring fever, I slipped on a pair of shorts as I headed out the door for work, overlooking the fact that a) I can't remember the last time I shaved my legs and b) I'm pretty sure their whiteness could cause blindness if someone stared directly at them.  (Warning: view the following picture at your own risk, as damage to eyesight and stomach has been known to occur as a result)



I became grossly aware of my error as I caught a peek at my reflection while walking through the rotating doors of the Triad Center entrance.  Horrified, I turned to run as fast as my albino, hairy legs would take me only to realize I was already running late for work.

Needless to say, I avoided any situation that would have required me to move my legs from under my desk.  Those who tuned in to KSL 5 News at Noon may have noticed an overwhelming glare coming from the background of the set.

I'm here to tell you I was the source of that harsh glare.  Or at least my legs were.

However, even though I likely offended 99 % of my coworkers and put my own job in jeopardy, it was fully worth the humiliation.  Because I love spring.  Really, really, really.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you. Turns out I like spring.

Also I like your shorts.

De Rosa said...

Comment 100- I love the pictures of your little feet because it reminds me when your feet where not so little. And I love the sunshine so much! And I am so glad you are happy spring is here because your so much happier when its sunny lol I am just kidding. Love ya and thanks for the cookies recipie they turned out great.