James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, March 15, 2010

Portland...

It should be known that I consider Portland one of the coolest cities in the U.S.  Really, if you haven't been before, I highly suggest you consider it for your next weekend trip.

Aside from great restaurants, fantastic boutique shopping and Powell's Bookstore, I absolutely adore the giant farmers market right along the waterfront.

Sunday brought some beautiful, rain-free weather, so we headed downtown for a jaunt around the market.


Cousin Ellie willingly filled the role of Lola's personal chauffeur for the afternoon.  That is, until the queen insisted on being held, and Uncle Thayne stepped in.

A market experience would not be complete without a taste of the world-renouned elephant ears (which went directly to my thighs) and greek gyros.

.
Lola quite enjoyed the waterfront.


The shopping wasn't too shabby either.


Many thanks to the Atwoods and the Lowe's for a lovely Portland outing. 

 

We only wish daddy could have been there with us.  He will probably wish the same thing when he sees how much I accidentally spent on a pair of brown boots while shopping on 23rd Street.

3 comments:

siovhan said...

OH! That looks like SO MUCH FUN! That market is seriously awesome. And I love the pictures of Lola at the waterfront.

Mal Mecham said...

Jess, I'm now craving all the food you just talked about AND a trip to the waterfront somewhere. Stupid Utah and it's lack of oceanic views! I'm so glad you had an excellent time!

Marissa Waddell said...

Correct. Portland is one of the coolest cities. I love that market-- did you see the old guy with one arm who plays the guitar? Anybody passing out "legalize marijuana" shirts that day? Portland is awesome.