James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, March 12, 2010

7 Months...

My teeny tiny itsy bisty baby girl is a rolly polly 7 months old today.

Man I adore this kid.

(Apparently she inherited my dreaded squinty eye)

She who wakes me up every night for a midnight snack.
She who yells "dada" when she's happy, "mama" when she wants something and "nana" when she's mad.
She who tends to be shy when it comes to females, but flirtatious when it comes to males.  Help.
She who sits up all by herself and faceplants on purpose for attention.
She who still despises tummy time and likely won't crawl until she's 40.
She who likes her back and has somewhat mastered the crab crawl from "The Exorcist."
She who was built for those all-you-can-eat buffets.
She who snuggles her head into my neck when she's tired.
She who falls asleep immediately when her daddy sings to her.
She who likes being alone until someone enters the room and tries to leave again.
She who talks to herself for hours on end, especially when she's supposed to be sleeping.
She who has two teeth on her bottom gum and likes to show them off to anyone and everyone who will glance her way.
She who is warming up to her baby "friends."
She who can play peek-a-boo all by herself.
She who still loves being naked and hates getting her diaper changed.
She who is one of the friendliest babies you'll ever meet.
She who hates being in her stroller and prefers her camel (mama) on walks.
She who is hinting at being left handed.
She who reaches for everything.
She who loves her grandparents more than she loves her mom and dad.
She who now knows how to wave at people and (I swear) say "hi."

I realize this list is getting tedious, but I swear, having a kid is the most amazing thing a girl could ever do.  Every day Lola does/learns/teaches me something new.  Life is never boring.  It's not always easy, but there is always something to laugh about.

Like when she squeals at the top of her lungs in the middle of church.
Or when she is really mad at us and lets out her "anger toots."
Or when she pokes me in the eye and laughs.
Or when she burps like a grown man when we're in public.

And for that, I am grateful.

We marked 7 months in Oregon with her great-grandparents.  She's never seen this much green.

("ENOUGH WITH THE CAMERA!")

I don't know what I am going to do with myself next month when I'm writing about my 8 month old.

Trippy.

5 comments:

Kimba said...

i cant believe she's 7 months! she's so dang cute. isn't it insane how fast it goes? and how fun it is? :)

Amy said...

Dang. Say hi to OR for me! I'm jealous. :)

"man belches" and "anger toots" make me laugh.

AJ and Cindy said...

I love the squinty eye picture, I never noticed that you have one :) it was so fun to read all these things about Lola, it's funny to see how much alike her and Lyla are (like the hating tummy time thing) and that I knew most of that stuff about Lola (must be all the walking) anyways, happy 7 months to Lola!!

Logical Libby said...

She has your number. And every other number out there...

Carissa said...

she is so adorable Jessica... and so smiley!!