James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31st...

Today is March 31st.  The 11th day of spring. 

The Wikipedia definition of spring (because what could be more reliable than Wikipedia?) reads as follows:

Spring is seen as a time of growth, renewal, of new life (both plant and animal) being born. The term is also used more generally as a metaphor for the start of better times.
Three days ago, we were enjoying this "start of better times." 


This morning, I looked out the window and what did I see?


Certainly not "renewal." Definitely not "rebirth."  And most conclusively, the opposite of the "start of better times."

What I see right now is snow.  Winter's best look. 

Spring my eye.

So Lola and I will curl up on the couch, eat our Starburst jelly beans and read her new Easter book.



Oh yeah, and pack.  Let's just hope the snow doesn't follow us to San Francisco.

I'm going to miss this girl so much it already hurts.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

...I hope the weather changes! Last I checked, it's not supposed to be fabulous this week. I'm hoping they're wrong and we're back in the 70's! Can't wait to see you!!

Jessica and Reece said...

I noticed that it is only supposed to be in the 50s. As long as there's no snow, I'm good to go.