James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, November 21, 2009

'Tis the Season...

Tonight I took a quick break from work and walked across the street to the Gateway. I happened to arrive just as they lit up the big Christmas tree by the fountains. The place was packed. Everywhere I looked I saw families and couples and friends, bundled up in scarves and hats, sipping coffee and cocoa and basking in the general holiday splendor.

I absolutely love this time of year. Thanksgiving. Gingerbread houses. Temple Square. Decorating our tree. Putting up stockings. Watching Reece struggle with the lights. Festival of Trees. Christmas music. Caroling 24-7 (because really, what are showers for?). Shopping.

This year I'm extra excited, because we have little Lola to share it with.

This year, I have a family of my very own.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Having Wy has definitely enhanced my enjoyment of...everything. The holidays included. Which is why this year, for the first time ever, I'm listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving even got started. Yeah for the holidays!

Amy said...

Agreed. Christmas is better with a baby.