James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Parental Stupidity...

Reece and I are still new to this whole parenting thing. We take it one day at a time, and figure we can learn as we go.

We learned a very important lesson Friday night:

The Utah State Fair is NOT a place to take your newborn child.

The smells. The germs. The mullets. The cigarette smoke. The Cougars (and I don't mean the kind from BYU. Think middle-aged women in low-cut tube tops. Shudder.).

Did I mention the deep fried unholiness? Reece, being the brave soul that he is, decided to attempt the Deep Fried Brownie Supreme.




After approximately two bites, he dry heaved and chucked the $6 artery-clogger into the garbage.

I can't say I was sad to see it go. I think I gained 4 pounds just standing within 10 feet of the thing.

We did grab a family photo in front of the Fried Food booth. This one is for the grandkids:



This expression pretty much sums up how Lola felt about her first State Fair experience:



She appeared genuinely concerned about the majority of the madness surrounding her (particularly the fried alligator stand).

I'll leave you with a smattering of photos from our night at the Fairgrounds:





We have got to come up with more sanitary family activities.

(Okay, I'll admit. I secretly enjoyed myself. I'm just trying to sound like a responsible mother.)

3 comments:

Amy said...

You. Are. Brave.

That's all.

Kristin said...

HAHA! Love it. You ARE brave. I have never heard of a deep fried brownie sundae. That sounds intense!

Brent and Anne said...

I love the fair! I have to go soon! I'll agree with you though, it's probably not the BEST place to take your little one :)
Your post made me laugh out loud, especially face Lola is making in her stroller!