James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Changes...

Lola Maria is three weeks old today.

Why is it that pregnancy drags on forever, but once the baby arrives time seems to get stuck on fast forward? I'm not sure I'm okay with this.

In just 21 days, my baby transformed from this:



To this:



To the untrained eye, the change may appear to be nonexistent. But to Mama, 3-week-old Lola may as well be an entirely different little one.

Her cheeks are chubbier.
Her fingers and toes are longer.
Her mullet is longer and thicker.
Her eyes are bigger.
Her squeaks are more coherent.
Her smiles are now independent of her gas.

Best of all, she's no longer a stranger to me. We just GET each other.

And though most people rave about how much she looks like her daddy, I know she's MY daughter:

Her appetite rivals that of a sumo wrestler.
She screams when she's not getting enough attention.
She has a very small bladder.
She loves sleep more than life itself.
Her burps can be heard from miles away.

See? She really is my kid. There's no denying it.

4 comments:

Brianne said...

I know! It is totally not fair that they grow up so fast! Alexa will be 1 on the 17th of this month. Where did the year go? (sniff, sniff) Just take LOTS of pics and video of her. You will not regret it later. She's adorable Jess!

Kimba said...

I cannot WAIT to meet her. Seriously. SO beautiful. Also like her mama. :)

Amy said...

I think she looks totally different. Plus, she's BEAUTIFUL. Happy 3 weeks. :)

AJ and Cindy said...

She looks adorable in that outfit in that second picture :) :)She really is beautiful, and I can't believe it has been three weeks, time does fly!