James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Girl's Club...

Reece went back to work this week.

It's something I've been dreading since the day I gave birth. Who would help me change diapers? Who would fill up my water when I was stuck on the couch nursing for hours at a time? Who would hold the baby when I needed to crash? Most importantly, who would bring me soft serve ice cream cones when the hormones took over?

Parenthood doesn't seem nearly as scary when you have someone to back you up all the time.

As much as I willed it not to, Monday did come. Lola and I woke up to kiss daddy goodbye. We both shed a few tears as we watched him drive away. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

We are now on Day 3 without Reece, and I have to say, I am really enjoying our girl time.

We curl up together and watch girly TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, Friends, Gilmore Girls).
We curl up together and watch chick flicks (17 Again, Enchanted, Pride and Prejudice).
We curl up together and make each other laugh.
We curl up together for our afternoon nap.
We go for long walks around the neighborhood.
Lola swings and talks to me while I make dinner.
Lola lets me play dress up with her. That ridiculously large wardrobe will NOT go to waste.

Life with Lola is lovely.

In fact, I'm thinking about making a sign for the front door that says, "No Boys Allowed."

And because I'm a doting mother, here's a picture of Lola girl's ensemble today:

6 comments:

Logical Libby said...

Life is lovely in girl land... Although, we don't get out of our pajamas here...

Amy said...

:) She could not be any more adorable. Happy girls days!

Unknown said...

Oh she is so precious. I love it! I want to plan a time we can do lunch/I can just come up to your place, whatever. But I want to see you two soon.!. :) P.S. Cory is starting to get secondaries...his applications finally went through yesterday, it only took 6 weeks! But we got 3 secondaries today. We hope he gets some interviews here soon.!.

Mellanee said...

Little Miss Lola is so cute. I can't wait to see her. I'm dying for Abby to finish Lola's little gift so we can come give her some loves.

The Grady's said...

Miss Lola is such a cutie! SOOOO beautiful!

ECR said...

Tell Lola, she has no idea where that nose has been!