James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Update: 39 Down...

Well people, we are officially down to one week. Well, nine days, if you want to get picky.

This is what 39 weeks pregnant looks like on me:



I'm not sure it's my color. I look like one of the characters from an M&M commercial.

Going into this final (but probably not REALLY) week of pregnancy, Baby Girl is:

*a mini watermelon, at around 7 pounds and 20 inches
*working on that layer of fat
*ready to make her way out any day, but being incredibly stubborn about it

At least she's head down and still incredibly active. Though I don't feel much of the jerky kicking anymore, I do feel her pushing against my belly in every way possible. I don't blame her -- I would be claustrophobic too.

Going into this final (but probably not REALLY) week of pregnancy, Mama is:

*Huge
*Swollen
*Huge
*Grumpy
*Huge
*Exhausted
*Huge

Oh, and really really really really really really really really really really really ready to hold this kid in my arms and smooch her little nose.

The end.

6 comments:

Kimba said...

The nose is the best smooching place. After the cheeks of course, though that tends to come later. Ooh, unless she's born with chubby cheeks, and if so, it's all over. There will be no stopping the smooching.

You're lookin' as hot as ever. Here's hoping to one week!

Amy said...

You look great! You could totally do one more week (not that I would wish that on you....just that it's possible....if necessary.....you know.)

steph said...

While I'm anxiously awaiting the post that says you're in labor, I love the weekend updates and your awesome belly pics. She's gonna be so adorable.

Kate said...

There IS an upside to being swollen. If you're anything like I was, after the baby is born you'll pee for about four days straight and lose about 30 pounds in the process. It's wonderful. ;) Good luck these next couple of weeks, cutie pie!

Jenna said...

Late pregnancy is TOTALLY your color.

Abby said...

I can't wait to see what next week brings! Eeeeee!