James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Update: 38 Down...

Two weeks. I can do it. Really. I can.



Or not.



But where is the infamous polka dot shower curtain, you may ask? We had a range of activities that took us down to Lindon this weekend, including a shower, a dinner and a mission homecoming. In our rush to leave, we forgot to snap the token bathroom shot. So we had to improvise and used my parents' bathroom instead. Please forgive.

After doctor checkup #2, I'm NOT pleased to announce that Baby Girl has no intention of leaving the womb anytime in the near future. I'm convinced she plans to stay camped out in there until her 16th birthday.

With just 16 days to go, Baby Girl should weigh about 6.8 pounds (though doctor says she's measuring petite, so she really shouldn't weigh much more than 7ish pounds at birth). Like a leek (rhymes with leech - interesting), she's measuring 19.5 inches long. Her organs have fully matured and she's developed a firm grip, which I can't wait to test out when she finally arrives. I LOVE baby fingers. I wonder if she'll inherit her dad's, which are freakishly long. We're talkin' ET here. Seriously.

With just 16 days to go, Mama is really ready to be unpregnant. I thought I knew what cankles were before, but I am quickly learning that I had NO idea how glorious they could be. As I write this, I don't even recognize the appendages that stick out below my knees.

The heat is finally starting to get to me. Just lifting a pen causes me to break into a drenching sweat. I tried to haul some baby laundry downstairs, and almost toppled over.

Okay, enough complaining. I am happy to say we've been making some real progress on the nursery/baby front. Thanks to a wonderful shower, Baby Girl now has more clothes than I have owned in my lifetime. I might have to take all of Reece's clothes to D.I. to make room for hers. He doesn't need much, right? He is a boy, after all.

If Dad objects to that idea, we have a fabulous dresser that could help solve the problem. I bought some wonderful baby detergent and washed all her tiny onesies, blankets, bedding etc. All we really need now is a stroller/carseat combo (which I realize is sort of important, since the crazies at the hospital won't let me take the baby home without one). Don't quote me on it, but I dare say we might have it all done in time for the birth.

Since that birth probably won't happen for a month anyway.

Life is good. We are happy, terrified, excited, anxious, exhausted and overwhelmed all at the same time.

Until next week...

7 comments:

Abby said...

I know everyone tells you this, but you are gorgeous. And WHERE did you get that dress. I need it in my life. Oh, and another thing. I'm working on a little project for your little darlin' and just want you to know that I will be hand delivering it to your abode (after you have had time to recover from the shock of labor, of course). I'm pretty much really looking forward to that. So...

Kimba said...

I want that dress, and I'm not even pregnant. SO cute! Look at ya! So perty!

You should be receiving a package soon. Just fyi.

I'd like to put in a request that you have her when I'm there, over Aug 1st weekend. If you're taking requests. :) (If not, I'll be back...but...you know..)

Jessica and Reece said...

You both are so sweet! The dress is an Old Navy maternity find. It cost me a whopping $6.50. Abby, I will ship it your way as soon as my belly shrinks a bit :)

Abby said...

EEEEEEEE! So exciting!

elowe said...

Yeah! You're getting there. You look fabulous and the next 2 weeks will go by very fast.

Sarah said...

Jessica, you look so cute and tiny! 2 weeks before I had Malakai I was 3 times your size! You are going to be a great Mommy, I'm so excited for you!

The Grady's said...

Jess - you are so beautiful! Seriously, you look so great! Keep chanting to yourself like the little Train Engine that could "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"