James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekend Update: 32 Down...

This is starting to get ridiculous:




Love the belly. Embrace the belly. Try not to cry when you bend over to scratch your ankle, and nearly topple like Jenga blocks.

We are down to eight weeks, peeps. That's less than two months.

But I have to say, this whole third trimester thing seems to be crawling by at a considerably slower pace than the rest of the pregnancy. Didn't I proclaim my joy at hitting Week 30, like, four years ago?

I should stop complaining, because I actually feel really good. I still haven't given in to maternity pants, a decision that is likely contributing to a large portion of my recent discomfort. What can I say, I'm really cheap. Maybe this will be the week.

Baby girl weighs 3.75 pounds, and measures just under 17 inches long (think jicama). She's gearing up to gain up to half her birth weight during the next seven weeks. My munchkin now has toenails, fingernails and even a bit of peach fuzz to compliment her little noggin.

Did I mention she still hasn't budged from her little cave beneath my ribs? Well, she hasn't.

Mama has also been plumping up in preparation for birth. According to my Baby Bible, I should be gaining about a pound a week by now. I guess we'll find out how I've been doing at my appointment on Thursday. Why is it that I still dread the scale? Girls...

I have begun to find ways to appreciate this gigantic belly while I have it. For example, I now have a suitable tray for my cereal and ice cream bowls, and it even props up the occasional Diet Dr. Pepper (yes, I am still off the bandwagon). I find that I can't seem to get through the day without spilling some sort of something on it, but I guess it's protecting my pants. It will be so strange to look down and actually see my feet again. I've nearly forgotten what they look like.

In other news, we now have furniture piece #2 for the nursery. We headed into the trusty D.I. and discovered a fabulous glider/rocker, for just 30 bucks! Being the anticraft that I am, I plan to work with my talented mother-in-law to recover the cushions. Being the manly man that he is, Reece plans to sand it down and stain it to match our cherry-wood crib. At this rate, the kid might actually have a room when she finally arrives!

Until next week...

2 comments:

Amy said...

You're as beautiful as ever. :)

MeganandClaudy said...

I'm soo sad! I just got your baby shower invite and I can't come!!!! TEAR! I would love to see you. if you're ever in town, please let me know and I'll take you to lunch to make up for it!