James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Last Shebang...

As legend would have it, part of the transition into Mommy and Daddy-hood includes a final trip as husband and wife.

I believe the scientific term for the journey, is the Babymoon.

And so, with just T-minus nine weeks until parenthood, Reece and I hopped in the car and headed south.




Four hours, ONE bathroom stop, two abnormally swollen ankles and five water bottles later, we found ourselves in St. George for the night.

We happen to love St. George, primarily because of Grandad, Grandma Nani and Sassy.





But St. George was not our final destination, my friends.

6 hours, two ridiculously enormous ankles, two McDonald's ice cream cones, thirty rounds of "Would You Rather" and one very grumpy pregnant lady later, we finally ended up here:



Though the fog is dense, and my hair is fighting a tough battle with the humidity, I am glad to be in beautiful Newport Beach with the hubby.

Tomorrow, I might even put on a bathing suit.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah! You totally deserve one more vacation before the baby comes. It sounds like you guys are having a great time!

Jessica said...

I've just gotta say, ONE bathroom break? VERY impressive!

Jennifer said...

... I got chewed out for calling it a babymoon, haha. Apparently that's what some call the "last hurrah" but others say the babymoon is the time when the baby is new and family is around to help the new mommy and daddy take care of the baby... then when they're all gone it's like "babymoon's over"..

Whatever, let's have them all! haha, I'm glad you had fun! That's what important. Glad you guys got to do a spontaneous trip!