James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Update: 24 Down

This is what six months looks like:




Oh the cheeks. I look like a squirrel, storing nuts for the winter. But hey, what can you do? I hear once you give birth your face gets thinner than BEFORE your pregnancy. I will let you know how that works out.

Baby girl is still incredibly active. I see many soccer/softball/lacrosse games in her future. She especially loves to make her presence known when I sit down with my book at night. So I read out loud a bit, just to settle her down.

The Baby Bible tells me she gained about 4 ounces, just this week. And my little ear of corn is developing taste buds (that will allow her to enjoy all the food used to describe her development. Is that weird to anyone else?). Just three weeks left of Trimester Numero Due, and then we're on to the home stretch. INSANITY.

Life is beautiful, and I'm a lucky lady.

That's all.

8 comments:

Kimba said...

STILL waiting for my cheeks to go back to normal. I FEEL okay about them in the mirror, and then I see a picture of me and am like, DUDE. THE CHUBBINESS.

You however, are lookin' fabulous. LOVE the belly, and am NOT seeing any squirrel resemblance.

Cindy said...

You look so dang cute and I can't believe that you are only 6 months pregnant. You look tiny!

Amy said...

The food thing weirds me out too - seriously? You think my baby is the size of lemon? or jumbo shrimp? I know MY life revolves around food, but I don't want to eat my baby!

Abby said...

Lookin' cute as ever! Love the updates, too.

Judd Family said...

Why is it that other peoples pregnancies go by SO FAST and yours feels like it was FOREVER! I feel like you just barely found out you were pregnant!

steph said...

Wow!! That's awesome! And you still make pregnancy look good, no matter what you say.

Jenna said...

I'm with Kimba. My face is still huge. I don't see it ever going back. In fact, my face was THINNER when I was pregnant. I know this because I saw myself, as a pregnant woman, doing a standup on some archive tape a few months ago. I almost cried. I was actually thinner-looking then than I am now.

You, on the other hand, look no different (other than the completely adorable bump on your midsection).

Jennifer said...

Your bump is sooooo cute!!