James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beauty by Torture...

Seeing as how I can barely bend over to pick anything up these days, thanks to this little number:



... My tootsies have experienced some serious neglect. As a woman, I realize it is basically an unwritten law that you NEVER go without a fresh coat of paint on your toes. But not only am I having issues just reaching my little piggies, I also happen to be out of cotton balls AND nail polish remover. And who has the money for such luxuries with a baby on the way?

My fabulous mother presented a simple solution to my quandry: get a pedicure. And so, we headed (well, I waddled) over to a Park City salon (in the snow, mind you) for a bit of pampering. Or so I thought.

I'm sorry, but when someone screams out in pain, wouldn't you stop what you were doing and question whether you had to do anything with that response? I discovered today that no, I do NOT enjoy the loofa scrub, meant to smooth out my running blisters. And I will pass on the "calf" massage that leaves bruises up and down my entire leg. And please refrain from "trimming" my cuticles until they bleed. Thanks.

Here's the end result of an hour in the torture chair:




Don't get me wrong, I ADORE pedicures. All I'm saying is that some aspects of the "pampering" seem a bit more like interrogation tactics than relaxation-inducers. And maybe the sensitivity has something to do with the pregnancy. If there is one thing I've learned over the last 6 months, its this: Blame the pregnancy.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny, you can't afford cotton balls but you went and got a pedi! haha, that's funny. But seriously, I'm pretty sure I would be super sensitive too, and I'm not pregnant. haha.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I'm sorry. You should find someone to treat you nice with that adorable belly! I had one a week or so before I had Wyatt (ya know, so that while my feet are in the stirrups they look CUTE...right...nevermind that it's cold and you want socks...) and it was LOVELY. I'm thinking it was so lovely because for 30 minutes I did nothing but read a magazine and sit in a massage chair. That might have been my favorite part...

For what it's worth? That's some seriously adorable fingers and toes.

Kimba said...

And then I realized that hello! SOMEONE signed in on MY laptop as himself. So. That last comment was from me. Not Caleb.

Kimba said...

(As payback, I should leave that last comment, and let everyone thing it was from Caleb...)

Abby said...

I've felt that way before as well. About the pedicures, I mean.

Have Reece do it next time.

Jessica and Reece said...

Let me clarify: my MOM treated me to a pedicure. I am dirt poor, thus the cotton ball comment :)

Unknown said...

I've had good pedis and bad pedis. Some have made me want to take the wash basin and dump the water all over the pedi-giver-from-Hell's head. But I have refrained from that, and thus, retain a squeaky-clean police record.

Serena said...

your belly is cute!!! And yay for a mani/pedi....even if it wasn't relaxing! :-)