James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update: 22 Down...

Drumroll please...




I realize this outfit doesn't give due credit to the massive bump, but trust me, it's big.

I spent some time browsing through the first few photos I took to document the belly, and I can't believe I used to feel big then. Because now... well, you get the point. And I'm sure I will look back on this photo in six weeks and think, wow, was I tiny. Pregnancy is funny that way.

Let's revisit Week 12, shall we?:



Yikes.

Baby girl is doing extremely well. Her little heartbeat is still strong as ever (this becomes the most important, not to mention most reassuring sound you will ever hear while carrying your kid), she's growing right on schedule and she's still training to take over for Billy Blanks on the Tae Bo videos.

She now weighs about a pound, and looks like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyebrows and eyelids are becoming more distinct, and she's developed tiny tooth buds behind her gums.

As for mamma, life is as eventful as ever. Energy is up (good), weight is up (strangely good) and emotions are on overdrive. And in a fun new twist, I spent almost the entire week crying. I found myself choking up every 5 seconds while watching "The Biggest Loser." Sending Reece on a weekend camping trip turned on waterworks that could fill up a bathtub. And waking up this morning to snow sent me into convulsions. I even found myself tearing up when ordering at Bajio, because the whole process has changed since I was last there.

So for now, I will curl up on the couch, flip on Grey's Anatomy and sulk until Reece comes home to me. And maybe cry a little in the process.

7 comments:

steph said...

Awww. You need to get some "No More Tears." And you look beautiful, no matter what week you're on. I'm glad baby girl is kicking fits inside you. And glad to hear you're a Grey's fan.

Candace said...

You look great! You're definitely taking on the pregnant look more and more everday. I always miss Grey's during the week, but my weekends consist of lots of catching up and I love it.

Kristin said...

Well you sure look great! Sad thing is, I have gotten that way without being pregnant!

Unknown said...

Uhm, I'm not pregnant or anything, but can I just tell you I cried when Cory said he wanted to buy a shot gun, and again in the same conversation when he told me he wanted new golf clubs. He thought it was funny so he said he wanted a truck. I started bawling. I was so confused! Why was I crying? He was laughing at me, and I started laughing at the same time (while crying), I was SO SO confused. We were on our way to the temple, and I nearly broke down again in the temple, I was messed up that day, but it was oh so funny!

Marissa Waddell said...

Well, you look fantastic.

And for the record, I tear up watching The Biggest Loser like every week. Especially if it has anything to do with Ron and Mike, because I love them.

Jennifer said...

Wow!! Your tummy is getting big!! Too cute!!

Unknown said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT!!! YAY!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! You are such a cute pregnant girl :)