James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kicking, Not Yet Screaming...

That's right folks. Baby girl has decided to strengthen her growing little legs by playing soccer with my insides.
At first, I just thought it was gas.
But now, when I lay in bed and pay close attention, I feel that persistent little thump, thump, thump, over and over and over again.
Kinda like, "Mamma, there's no way I'm gonna let you sleep if you keep rolling onto your belly, smashing me like a pancake. Seriously, who do you think you are?"
It's really nice to know she's there, despite all the violence.
There's something amazing about knowing you are never alone, that you always have someone to talk to (if you can ignore the confused stares) and that you have a little buddy to keep you company and make you happy every day.
I know I've ranted (probably a bit more than my share) about the woes of pregnancy, but I think I am going to be a bit sad when I don't have my little girl with me 24-7.
I'll actually have to share her. And I've never been very good at sharing.
So for now my little chicky, keep kickin'.
But as soon as we get shoes on you, aim for daddy.

4 comments:

Kimba said...

Sniff. Can't wait to meet this little girl. :)

Unknown said...

haha, that is such a great post! You are so funny.

Jessica said...

Congrats! It's so exciting to finally start feeling them! My little girl has started working over my internal organs...not quite so cute. But seriously, isn't it comforting and awesome? Is Reece jealous that he can't feel her yet?

Lindsey Bell said...

That is the best part of being pregnant! I do kind of miss having her inside of me sometimes...but, it's way more fun to have her on the outside. Plus, I can now bend over, eat without throwing up, and lay on my tummy!