James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend Update: 15 Down...

Ok, so I realize I'm a bit late on this one, but you'll forgive me when you see how much the belly popped this week:




I now look like a viable candidate for "The Biggest Loser," though I continue to hit the gym at least four times a week. I think my butt is growing right along with my belly... which could make for an interesting end result. But I'm pregnant. So it's normal. RIGHT???? Ok.

If you didn't happen to catch the post below... our big news is that we can now replace the "it" with a "she" when referring to the little one. Yep folks, we are havin' ourselves a baby girl. And during the ultrasound, the doctor brought to my attention the fact that she was kicking me the ENTIRE time. Oh, and apparently she struggles with "lady like" behavior as well... because she kept her legs wide open for all to see. I think I am going to have my hands full.

According to my trusty Baby Bible, baby girl is 10 centimeters long (think large apple) and sensitive to light (though her eyes are still fused shut). Apparently if I shine a flashlight on my belly, she will rebel against it and try to move away. I might just try it, to get her back for the kicking.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week, and I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat once again. I still stress about her all the time (Will she be healthy? Am I doing the right things? What if something goes wrong and it's my fault? Will she let me fit back into my normal jeans in 5 1/2 months?), but I am trying not to loose too much sleep. For all you moms out there, did you stress when pregnant with your first kid? Or am I just a neurotic worry wart?

I am feeling awesome, almost back to my pre-pregnancy self. Life is good at the Casa di Ivins.

Tune in next week, for a peek at the ever-expanding Jessica.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, your baby bump is looking so great! I was so excited when I moved from the is-she-fat-or-is-she-pregnant stage to the definitely pregnant stage. And if it makes you feel better, I swear my butt is growing in direct proportion to my belly!

Judd Family said...

About the worrying... I hate to tell you this but it only gets worse when she is actually here. I find myself getting up at night just to make sure she is breathing. Last week Jordyn got sick and I blamed myself all week for exposing her to germs somewhere! Sorry but I don't think the worrying part EVER goes away!

Brianne said...

You look so cute Jess! Don't even worry about the weight gain...it is what you are supposed to be doing. After all, you are growing a baby. I totally worried about everything during BOTH of my pregnancies...and I still worry. You just want what is best for your kids and you would do anything and give anything for them to be healthy and happy. It's just part of being a mom.

elowe said...

A big congrats on the little girl:) That is super exciting. I was still worrying with my third pregnancy until I was finally able to feel movement. You are totally normal! Have fun shopping for your little girlie girl!!

Mrs. Gibbons said...

It's like a disease really. This new "creature" inside your tummy has spread this worry wort disease to your brain and it doesn't seem to go away. I think mine has desensitized a little over the years (Now that Adam is Almost 5! Seriously 5!), but it really never ends. I know my mom still worries about me a ton.

Hayley said...

You look cute! I'm excited for your girl! So what if your butt is growing because it looks like your boobs are, too. That's definitely a pregnancy plus!

Serena said...

How exciting!!!!! And you still look ADORABLE.