James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hello, Domestic Side...

This has been the week in the pregnancy where my desire to be an apron-wearin', dinner-on-the-table-when-husband-gets-home kinda gal kicked in full force. I've always loved to cook, but never seemed to find the time/energy/schedule to prepare anything that couldn't be microwaved. Oh, and cold cereal was always a good go to.

BUT... the growing child within demands good food. And so, each night this week, the growing child tasted some GOOD food (if I do say so myself).

Monday I tossed marinated salmon with whole wheat angel hair pasta, basil, olive oil and sea salt.
Tuesday I had a hankerin' for caprese sandwiches, so I toasted Italian bread, topped it with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and super fresh mozzarella.
Wednesday Baby wanted barbecue... so I grilled up some chicken, marinated it with my "Sweet Baby Ray's" and threw it on a green salad with corn, black beans, avocado, cilantro and good old Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Thursday (tonight)'s menu consisted of turkey burgers and sweet potato fries, with freshly frosted sugar cookies for dessert.

I think Reece is still in shock over my rekindled romance with the kitchen. But at least he can leave the Hot Pockets in the freezer... for now, anyway.

And thank you, Baby Ivins, for allowing mama to enjoy at least three bites of each meal before calling in the dreaded stomach cramps. You have been very generous.

I have a feeling this "cooking goddess" stage won't stick around, so I wanted to document it for future nights when Reece comes home and gripes about never having anything to eat.

So there, honey. So there.

(Also, I am kicking myself for not taking pictures. No one can deny the proof that lies in a photograph, right?)

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Jess! I LOVE you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I know that I am a little slow at saying so, but I just checked your blog and found out that you are pregnant! How exciting. You will be such a great mom. And, WOW! for cooking every night! Way to go! With 2 kids it is hard to find the time and energy to get a good, healthy meal on the table each night...although the desire to do so still exists. :) I hope you feel better soon.

Jessica said...

Wow. I so want to come to your house for dinner!

Amy said...

Dear Jessica,

Please post recipes. I currently want one bite of each meal for lunch. Today. NOWWWW!!!!!!

:)

Kim said...

I love it! Good for you. By the way, you've inspired me to make some bruschetta for tonight!