James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, December 8, 2008

Festivals and Graham Crackers...

The Christmas frenzy continues.

Saturday I dragged Reece, his brothers and their significant others to the highly anticipated Festival of Trees, an annual event featuring hundreds of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, wreaths and even gingerbread houses... all auctioned off, with proceeds going to Primary Children's Medical Center.

I have no idea why the guys wanted to leave about five minutes after we got there.

Observation #1: Reece's winning (yet somehow mocking) fake smile... and his brother Redd's utter disdain at the futile attempt at enthusiasm.



Observation #2: Reece lovingly "nudging" me along the aisles... at a record pace. "Seriously Jess, this tree looks exactly like the two next to it."



Observation #3: The whole crew, stopping traffic, clogging the line and nearly instigating a riot. Don't get in the way of Utahns and their Christmas trees.



Observation #4: Reece drops the "I'm being supportive" facade, the moment he sees this tree (his anger only escalates at the sight of four, yes FOUR "Twilight"-themed trees):



When the men just couldn't take it anymore, we headed home to send them into a sugar-induced stupor while decorating houses made of gingerbread (well, graham crackers, if you want to get technical.)







Forgive the length of this post. My rambling becomes increasingly alarming when injected with holiday cheer.

4 comments:

Erin Masi said...

I love the Festival of Trees! I can't believe I missed all of the Twilight trees! How are the Italy plans coming??

Kimba said...

Love the Festival of Trees! Love the commentary, and who is Kellan dating?! I'm going to have to get the scoop.

It's a girl thing. I made Caleb go to a Christmas Creche exhibit tonight, and it was like pulling teeth to get him to stop and look at them all. I needed you!

Jaclyn said...

i love it and must go!!!! where? when? how much? please!

ECR said...

To think you could have been dancing with the nakid cowboy instead!