James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 24, 2008

Planning, Shmanning...

In the hustle and bustle of a new work schedule, new callings, crazy obligations and day to day duties... I have failed to plan ONE minute of our much-anticipated Italy trip. We bought the airline tickets... so that's a start. But once we get there, nothing.

So today, I set about laying out plans for the Italian extravaganza... feeling slightly panicky about the fact that we leave ONE MONTH from tomorrow.

My wonderful husband, fabulous as he may be, is not one to offer up many opinions when asked... a fact that makes me CRAZY. Conversations surrounding the filling of our two weeks in Europe go a bit like this:

"Do you want to go to the Forum?" "Eh. (said with a shrug of the shoulders)" "Well, what about Florence?" "I don't know... you've been there, not me." "Any interest in London?" "Is it cheap?"

In my desperation... I decided to turn to the thousands of pictures snapped during my first Italian experience. Immediately, panic was replaced with sheer excitement... and a bit of nostalgia.

Exhibit A: Jessica meets San Pietro. Fast friends.


Exhibit B: Jessica rubs a pig nose in Florence... and good luck abounds.



Exhibit C: Jessica goes rogue and gets a tat in Piazza Navona. Thank you, Mr. Gypsy man.


Exhibit D: Jessica climbs the tower in Pisa... to confirm it does, in fact, lean.


Exhibit E: Jessica discovers Venice... and never wants to leave.

I could post about 2,000 more of my favorites, but that would be unnecessarily painful for those reading. The point is, I cannot WAIT to go back, even if we end up sleeping on the streets of Milan with the pigeons.
Tomorrow I may document my adventures with Italian food... but, for now, I bid you ciao!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! go italy. do florence... i didn't think pompei was worth going to again...but these boys think that kind of stuff is cool. and then you can do london. :)

Kristin said...

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN! I am so excited for you guys!

MeganandClaudy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an indecissive husband...any date...outting...you name is it SOLEY planned by me...cuz when I ask him I get the same indecisive shrug you do...I feel your pain :)

tara said...

Solution: Reece stays home..Tara goes to Italy..and helps plan and be superly excited.

Abby said...

Psh.

(you're right. i AM just jealous.)

CHUNTZ said...

Im so jealous! Quit having so much fun without me!