James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 17, 2008

For the Record...

Reece's blog post is his way of outing himsef... he too, is a Gossip Girl fan. I'm sure of it.

Here's how I know:

When I stuck in the first season of Gilmore Girls at the beginning of our marriage, he scoffed, scowled, made vomit sounds and complained to his heart's content. "This is a stupid chick show!" "They talk too fast." "Can we please turn on the Jazz game instead?"

But after about three episodes, he started to justify why he was still on the couch with me, totally engrossed in the events being played out before him (though he always kept his Ipod close, so he could pretend to be listening to music, or had his computer on, with his game always stuck on pause.) "That Luke guy is the only one who makes the show bearable. He's hilarious." "This is so stupid, it's actually funny." "I am so mad at Lorelei right now!" "Why did you watch a disc without me?" "Do you want me to put in Gilmore Girls? You look like you need to relax."

The same pattern followed when my sister and I rented The OC. First protest. Then complaining. Then professing his love for Seth. Then talking about the characters as if they were real.

So I knew, deep down in my heart, that Reece would become a closet fan of Gossip Girl as well. Sure enough, at his behest, I spent about a half hour in the car with him today, explaining what he'd missed and discussing each character's bad decisions. "I can't believe they broke up!" "She should have been honest with him." "What's with the self-destructive behavior?"

I love my husband, and, despite his protests to the contrary, he loves "girl shows."

5 comments:

Reddeye said...

Reece, the next time I see you I'm taking away your man card.

Abby said...

I just threw up in my mouth.

Mrs. Gibbons said...

We really do need to hang out soon. And you better swear on the necklace.

Unknown said...

Don't even worry!!! Russ had a pretty good time anyways. So sorry i didn't text you back, russ didn't have any more texts left til the next bill so I would have been in trouble. But i love you so much too and you can just make it up to me by hanging out with me soon! We miss you guys!

aubrie said...

Haha. Love it. My husband is secretly the same way with Gilmore Girls, too. He keeps asking me if I want to watch Gilmore Girls because I just need to take a break and relax. He even does the computer thing too...pulls it out, turns it on, and just lets it sit there while he watches the show! :)