James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thank You, Mortgage Crisis...

This afternoon we stumbled upon a lawn sale about two blocks from our apartment... but this was no ordinary lawn sale.
This was a lawn sale featuring top of the line, modern, and did I mention fabulous furniture and home decor.
And this was no ordinary top of the line, modern, fabulous furniture.
This was furniture that was meant to fill several state of the art model homes, that never actually materialized due to the unfortunate lag in the housing market.
Bottom line, the interior designers just wanted to get rid of it... and THAT means, Reece and I took it of their hands, and for an INCREDIBLE price, might I add.
Take a look at my new toys:



Exhibit #1: Dining Room table with 6 chairs. Now we can actually have more than two people over for dinner at a time. Priceless.



Exhibit #2: Italian Bar Chairs, in robin egg blue. Originally $100 each, we brought them home for a cool $20. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE them. Maybe now we'll have some incentive to behave like civilized grown-ups and eat sitting down.



Exhibit #3: New Table Cloth. Reece said we needed to get more green. So 75 cents later... we had more green.



Exhibit #4: Retro Rug. Nothing says "Welcome to our Rockin' Pad" like the $10 Retro Rug.



And finally... Exhibit #5: Luscious Lemons. Our walls are too white, so a $10 citrus twist will likely do the trick.

So here's proof that something good really can come out of this mortgage crisis.

10 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

amazing...look how cute and oficially grown up you guys are! It looks so good :)

Abby said...

Whatever dude. I'm movin' back to Utah. Everytime one of my friends has something cool they always go, "Oh, this? I got in UTAH."

Adam and Tara said...

Ah what excellent finds!! Congrats! Doesn't a good buy just feel so good? Who needs DI when you've got a mortgage crisis?

Tyson and Heather said...

love it all, how fun:)!

Kristin said...

Awesome! I love good deals. We totally hit up Craigs list when we moved, and we found some awesome stuff on there as well.

Amy said...

covet covet covet. Sigh.

Jessica said...

Ah man, cute stuff! I'm having furniture envy.

tara said...

LOVE IT! Ok and next time you know of fabulous things of the SLC..call me!?! I'm not pro yet..so I need your help! ;) Love the Bar Chairs..want the bar chairs.

Kimba said...

Yeah, the only thing I've seen at the garage sales (or "junk sales"...oh so tempting...) here are 80's wooden furniture. Clearly not going anywhere.

One question - how did you get it all home!? That's always my first problem, and one of the many reasons I miss living at home. Access to millions of people with trucks / large SUV's. Sadly, the Prius and Mini's here aren't very conducive to moving large furniture...

Kristina said...

Loving our life in CO. It's really an awesome state and I'm so glad we randomly picked it. Good job, us. As for this post, I am so jealous. What great finds! Especially those cute bar stools. I'm sad we never got to get together while we were still in the bubble. :(