James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

25 Years of Reece...

I am experiencing a birthday extravaganza hangover. That's right, we started the party on Friday... and didn't quit until last night. And we still have two different kids of cake and three different kinds of ice cream to prove it.

My hubby is officially an old man, and three parties later (yes, three)... I think he's feeling pretty good about it.

Party #1: The In-Laws. Well, his in-laws, my parents. Mom got us tickets to the Chinese Acrobats (which, by the way, is the most stressful show you will ever see. Seriously people, handstands on 17 chairs stacked almost to the ceiling is NOT a good plan), and treated Reece to a fabulous dinner, complete with fresh peach/blueberry cobbler. I think I ate more than the birthday boy.







Party #2: The Family. His, not mine. My mother-in-law made an amazing dinner, and of course, the famous two-layer chocolate cake with frosting so good you want to bathe in it. Ok, I realize that sounds disgusting.







And finally...
Party #3: The Wife and Best Pals. Yesterday was the actual big day, so I decorated the apartment with balloons and streamers (Jack was fascinated), set a box of Pop Tarts, Hostess Cupcakes and Orange Life Saver Mints at the head of the table, and cooked a Reece favorite: Taco Bake. To add icing to a third cake (literally and figuratively), our amazing Wiseman friends drove all the way up from Orem to celebrate with us. And thanks again Alexis, for the cake that I can't stop eating.





I'd say the marathon birthday was a success. And I would also argue that it is, once again, time to hit the treadmill.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

I think I'm making the same face as the birthday boy who's blowing out the candles...

Kimba said...

Ah, the Ivins'! Love them. :) Sounds like you celebrated our oldness properly! And thank you, I am now craving chocolate cake...

Chad and Bekah said...

I'm jealous you get to have 2 cats. I'm only allowed 1 at a time. *sniffle* Can't wait for pictures =)

Abby said...

Ah reecey. My mom would have baked him a cake. I should have reminded her.

Jaclyn said...

hello i have already read this one! next please!!

Tyson and Heather said...

fun! what a good wife:)