James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, September 12, 2008

A Fair Night at the Fair...

Guess where we went last weekend?
Here are a few hints:





Where else could you walk through an endless sea of mullets, breathe in the unforgettable musk of farm animals, and stand in an endless line to get your hands on a variety of fried foods, all served on a stick?

The Utah State Fair, my friends. That's where.

We even pulled out the plaid for the occasion, though Reece looked more like a marshmallow thug than a cowboy...



Reece made a new friend... but I was sad for the little guy... he didn't look too happy to be wearing a trucker hat. I don't blame him. That trend was SO 2006.



Does anyone else find it slightly inappropriate to hang a huge "Barbecue Starts Here" sign over the pig pens?

What an experience.

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

You make a very cute cowgirl...and yes, disturbing about the pig pens...

Marissa Waddell said...

oh my gosh i TOTALLY cringed at the "BBQ starts here" sign! also, the one outside the cattle barn that diagrammed where different steaks come from. umm, TMI when the cow is still alive and mooing like 10 feet away.

Abby said...

But...that IS where barbeque starts!
Haha.
I love that fair.

Jessica said...

Awesome. The plaid is a very nice touch!

Kimba said...

Ah, the fair! I went on one of my first dates with Caleb to the Utah Fair. Such...strange memories. :)

Kristin said...

Ah, good times! Fairs always attract the most eclectic people!

Kristina said...

You crack me up. The state fair is awesome! It was a tradition in Charleston. I am so jealous of you going BACK to Italia. I haven't even been, thanks to Kurt (I was planning on doing a totally pointless yet wonderful study abroad there for my last semester of college till he showed up). I love your blog!