James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, September 22, 2008

All the More Reason to Skip the Games...

I completely forgot to mention an unbelievably hilarious... um, I mean disturbing story we reported at KSL last week. I like to call it, "Baby Shower Brawl"...

A husband and wife are charged with aggravated assault, after a sweet baby shower turned sour. West Valley police say a woman picked a fight with one of the other guests, and proceeded to knock her out with a shovel. Her husband then grabbed a loaded shotgun from his truck and began pointing it at guests. Police say the couple became unruly during the arrest... and tacked on an additional charge of resisting an officer.

For starters... what in the name of all that is holy was this woman doing with a shovel at a baby shower? I mean, self-defense is important, but buy yourself a convenient purse-sized can of mace or something. A shovel is a bit conspicuous... don't you think? And I can only guess what event ignited the "brawl" in the first place:

01. The victim suggested the name Starleee or DeeVyne, or some other wondrous Utah creation, for the baby. That would make me mad enough to grab my shovel.
02. During the ever so dangerous game of "Pin the Diaper on the Baby," the victim accidentally pinned the attacker.
03. The cake was laced with meth, the drug of choice for Utah moms. Sad, but true.

I guess we've all felt this way at one shower or another... Come on, admit it.


7 comments:

The Wrights said...

That is too funny! I love reading you blog. How exciting for your trip! Sound fun!

Ashley and Mikkel said...

How funny!! My husband hates those utah made up names!! he refuses to name our babies those crazy names!! But really what a funny story!

Amanda said...

You're living the dream... "tabloid journalism" at it's finest. Isn't that what Stoker called it?

Kimba said...

Oh dude, the made up names. It's ridiculous!! I LOVE that she had a shovel near...who keeps a shovel in their house?! I wonder if it was premeditated...

MeganandClaudy said...

Love it!! I think whoever invented those silly games for baby shower should be hit with a shovel. Showers are for eating, gossiping and present. Period.

Abby said...

Two words. West. Valley.

Jennifer said...

Nope, not me! haha, perhaps the shovel was outside where the shower was going on? Weird!