James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Enough With the Elephants and the Donkeys...

Does anyone else feel like the 2008 Presidential Election has been going on for years now?

KSL has a team in Denver, covering the Democratic National Convention... and I've been working directly with the producer out there to transcribe "poignant moments" from each of the speeches. I have had enough "poignant moments" to last me a lifetime.

Seriously, we all know that Hillary hates Barack Obama more than anyone on the earth (besides her cheatin' perv-ball husband).
Are we REALLY supposed to believe that she is that gracious of a loser?
I felt like she was gritting her teeth during her entire speech.
And you gotta love Bill shedding tears from the audience... he was thisclose to being the first ever First Man. Think of all the interns that would have jumped on that.
I do respect her for doing what she did, and I think she deserves a lot of credit for stepping up to the challenge of pretending to be best buddies with her former mortal enemy.

But no wonder her supporters aren't buying this crap. During the primaries, they were taught to loathe Obama, and now they are supposed to give him massive amounts of their money?

I did enjoy Michelle Obama's speech, as well as Caroline and Ted Kennedy's. I have to admit, Michelle intimidated me before, but I was very impressed by the way she carried herself.

But in my humble opinion, NO ONE should form any political opinions based on these "smoke and mirror" conventions. It's called "telling the people what your advisors say the people want to hear."

And I would be willing to put money down on the guess that the Republican National Convention next week is going to be even worse.
I wouldn't be surprised if Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton show up.

*Also, note to prominent Democratic leaders: the spray-on tan looks really orange. Especially in HD TV.

5 comments:

tara said...

Jessica for President is all I'm sayin.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, AMEN! The amount of BS going on is getting riduculous.

Unknown said...

After reading "All Too Human" for a class, I have lost complete faith in the Democracy of America.

But seriously... how much of a pain is it to deal with this every day non-stop at work and write over and over and over and re-write, then re-write, then re-write then listen to the stories a million times at work?

ECR said...

The flaw in your admiration for Hillary is that you assume she has a soul. When you’re soulless less like the Clintons it’s easy to say, do or lie as needed for political expedience

MeganandClaudy said...

I totally agree...I miss my Olympics and this crap on all stations at night just does not satisfy my empty ache the Olympics have left. You will go straight to the celestial kingdom for having to actually pay attention to those awful speeches!