James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, July 11, 2008

Laughter Really is the Best Medicine...

Today, I laughed a lot.

I laughed when I woke up to my cat running around with a plastic bag stuck on his big fat belly.

I laughed when I walked into the bathroom and saw my husband drying off our cat from their shower. That's right, they shower together.

I laughed when I was doing my 10 Minute Workout DVDs and my "actor" (aka unemployed)-banjo-playing neighbor started pounding on the ceiling...presumably to get me to stop thumping around upstairs. I finally found the motivation I needed to take it up a notch.

I laughed when I was rushing out of the house to get to work on time and I actually SLIPPED on an apricot that had fallen from our huge apricot tree. I thought that only happened with banana peels...

I laughed when I received numerous stares on the freeway as I drove at 80 mph in the purple Geo Metro...with the windows down. Thank you for breaking, air conditioning. Now my hair has no trouble achieving that perfect and oh-so-desirable "windblown" effect.

I laughed (and cringed slightly) when crossing the street with my mom in downtown Salt Lake as she proudly waved the bright orange pedestrian flag and wondered why people kept honking at her.

And now, as I lay in bed, I am feeling the ab workout that goes hand in hand with a good chuckle.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I love laughter-filled days!! I just love to laugh (hence, why I'm in Laugh Out Loud) and days where you laugh all day are the best. I laughed at myself the other day when I missed the ordering-speaker/menu at McDonald's and had to drive around the building an extra time to get back to it, and then the guy at the window said something when I paid. It was funny.
And YES, let's please go hiking together! Maybe afterwards get some of this Spoon Me I keep hearing about? It may have to wait until August though, because my mom's in town till the 28th.
And I am a very avid reader of your blog too! Thanks for reading mine! :)

Kimba said...

Best way to work the abs! Reece takes a shower with your cat?! Probably the only way it works though. Abby and I once tried to give her cat a bath and we only got as far as getting her wet.

P.S. I LOVE the orange flags downtown! So priceless!

Ashley and Mikkel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Mikkel said...

How funny!! We shower with our little dog sometimes! she voluntarilly gets in when we are in there! she has seperation anxiety issues and has to be by our sides all day!