James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Lovin...

I am definitely a summer girl. There is something about coming out of work at 9pm to a bright sky and a warm breeze. I live for the day when I step outside, bracing myself for the inevitable chill that is about to overtake my entire body, and....wait for it.... the cold doesn't come.


I love the bright mornings (definitely motivation to get out of bed and put on my running shoes...although really annoying when trying to sleep in) and the long evenings. I love the bermuda shorts, sunglasses, flip-flops, popcicles, long walks and slurpees that for me are so interconnected with this fabulous season. If only we could barbecue on our 5x5 ft. "porch".

Maybe it was my adoration of all things summer that inspired my July wedding (or maybe it was my inability to wait until fall). Perhaps I owe my new-found dedication to exercise to the bright and motivating sunshine.

Unlike the slushy, wet, freezing, gray, ugly and depressing scenery of winter, I actually want to take part in the warm, sun-kissed, blooming atmosphere that accompanies the months of June, July and August.

So since I have been experiencing a serious blogging block lately, I will fall back onto my trusty lists to fill the remainder of this post.
For your reading pleasure, here are my Top Ten Summer Favorites...

01. Long evening walks
02. Watermelon and corn on the cob
03. Spoon Me (ok, so it was a winter fav too, but obsession is obsession)
04. Early morning runs
05. Vacations! (This summer: Oregon, Newport Beach, New York/NJ, Southern Utah and hopefully San Francisco)
06. Drive-ins
07. Hiking
08. Running through sprinklers
09. Driving with the windows down
10. Chasing down the ice cream truck....he better come to our neighborhood, or blood will be spilt.

And now...my all time favorite summer memory...





Nothin' beats gettin' hitched...cause you can be sure there ain't NO WAY I am going to have a baby in this kind of heat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

having a summer baby wouldn't be fun...but dressing baby in summer clothes? now that would be.

i think i am going to add to your list-the lazy saturday feeling in summer.

i cannot tel you how much entertainment i get from your blog. work is just never as interesting.

Jaclyn said...

how can you top summer weddings? they really are the bestest!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Hahaha August baby and June baby.