James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello Newport...

This morning I woke up and repeated my everyday routine: brush teeth, put on running shoes, grab the Ipod, head out the door.  


But today, my jog involved sand, waves, inappropriate Speedo wear and a cool ocean breeze.

That's right.  One of the perks of being in Newport Beach, CA is that the town is, in fact, on the coast...resulting in one fabulous morning run.

It's hard to believe I ever left the beautiful Golden state, but it is SO good to be back...the only downside: my husband is still in Utah.  It's just me and the girls ("the girls" being my mom and sister).  I miss my Reecey, but somehow the sound of waves crashing against the shore is helping to soothe my pain :)

Today we conquered the beach, Sprinkles Cupcakes and Fashion Island.  Tomorrow: Disneyland.  

Tune in next time...pictures involving me, Mickey ears and a shirtless, sculpted Tarzan may be included.

6 comments:

Kimba said...

Sigh - I love Newport Beach! And I can't wait for your pics of Disneyland. And not just the Tarzan ones. :)

Ashley and Mikkel said...

Now when you say "inappropriate speedo wear," are you refering to the way men are wearing them inappropriatly? Or just the inappropriateness of the speedo istelf, as a legit swimsuit?

Candace said...

Your trip sounds amazing. Be sure to take a shot with Cinderella!

Reddeye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reddeye said...

Your poor, poor, lonely husband. Twice he has called me this week in tears. Anyway, back to the important thing (me), I've finally got a blog up and running on the tube of internets: http://reddeye.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I need pictures! And since when did you decide it was okay to travel without me?! I miss the 64.