James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

These are a few of my favorite things (at least at the moment):

Edamame...thank you Costco, for selling these delicious little soybeans in bulk. Thank you sea salt, for making them taste so good.




New Ipod Nano...thanks for keeping Reece and I entertained until one in the morning. Thank you Mom and Dad for a rockin' graduation gift. Thank you Apple for making me feel so hip. Thank you Colbie Caillat for keeping me belting on my way to work this morning.




Cooking Mama for the Wii...thank you Japanese programmers for teaching me how to stir spaghetti with chopsticks and always offering an encouraging word (Bettah zan Mama!). Thanks to Reece for letting me keep the annoying music on. Thanks to the ONE game that actually allows me to beat my husband.



Diet Dr. Pepper...thank you, Nectar of the Gods. Thanks for keeping me awake. Thanks for keeping me from eating treats. Thanks for being freezing cold when I reach for you 5 times a day. Thanks for being on tap in Utah. Thanks for depleting all the calcium from my bones and most likely giving me cancer. Thanks for being the thing I can't live without...literally.




Anthropologie...thanks for having the ultimate Mother's Day gift for mom. Thanks for making me want to be rich. Thanks for making me feel poor. Thanks for being less than a mile away from my apartment. Thanks for being online. Thanks for having the coolest home decor around.




Orange...thanks for being my color. Thanks for being the defining fruit of summer. Thanks for decorating the bedspread that I am so desperate to purchase.



Jack...thanks for waking me up every morning with a kiss, then letting me watch you wake Reece up with a bite to the nose. Thanks for knocking over all my water glasses. Thanks for cuddling with me when I am lonely. Thanks for letting me talk to you like you are a baby. Thanks for encouraging me to get my exercise by bolting out the front door every time it opens and forcing me to chase you down.




Running...thanks for letting me take all my stress out on you. Thanks for making me feel good about myself. Thanks for canceling out my decision to eat 5 cookies. Thanks for slimming me down. One request though: could you produce better results SOONER please?

6 comments:

Kimba said...

Oh, Diet Dr. Pepper. How I miss thee. And Diet Coke. And anything with caffeine.

Meagan Marie said...

I love this post! Your kitty is so cute!! it makes me miss mine! As for the running I am with you 100% Also I hate the effort that it takes me to get up and go running. I love running when I am doing it but as I sit on the couch and think "Oh I should go running" dread comes over me. Why is that? I wish I could snap my fingers and be outside jogging in my running cloths with Lizzy bundled in her stroller. I think I would run more if I could do that. LOL!

Meagan Marie said...

On second thought if I am wishing for finger snapping powers I would just snap my self skinny and in shape. LOL!

Mrs. Gibbons said...

I love this. You're so thankful. Maybe I should think about all the things I"m thankful for instead of thinking about all the things that I definitely am not a fan of in my life.

Unknown said...

amen to anthro. looking at their website always makes me feel poor. and about the job, totally know how you feel. i was a secretary for 10.50 an hour for 8 months...that's after getting a college degree.

Muncher Cruncher said...

Amen with the DDP. Where in the world would I be without it....probably eating a lot more candy i'm sure...