James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, April 21, 2008

Lately...

Here are some Ivins highlights from the past few days...



01. Happy 9 month anniversary to us! Any excuse to have a party, right?




02. New Food. I was watching my beloved Food Network while on the treadmill at our gym on Saturday and discovered a low-fat recipe for crispy chicken fingers. Fried foods tend to make me sick, but I love me my chicken fingers...so I decided to attempt this baked version and made up some spinach salad and sweet potato fries to keep them company. YUM.




03. Baby Time. We headed down to Orem to meet the newest addition to the Wiseman's little clan. Alivia Maria is absolutely gorgeous (way to go Matt and Alexis!), and she just LOVED us. I could feel it. An unspoken connection, especially since we share a middle name...



I feel the need to defend my facial expression in this photo- Alivia and I had such a strong bond that the moment she fell asleep in my arms, I started to drift as well. It also helps if your husband mentions to you that he is taking a picture. Seriously.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Mmmm, I love sweet potato fries! Is that chicken dipped in ranch then dipped in bread crumbs? I've done that, but with crushed up goldfish crackers. It's delish. If that's not how you did it, then how? I'd love the recipe.

Kimba said...

I do me some sweet potato fries. All hail Costco!
I've done the chicken with crushed up Wheat Ritz crackers. So yummy. I agree, recipe!

Jessica and Reece said...

Recipe=SUPER easy :)

Crunchy Chicken Strips:
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
chicken breasts, cut into strips
4 c. CRUSHED corn chex (or cornflakes)
salt
cajun seasoning

Marinate chicken strips in buttermilk for 15 in the fridge.

Heat oven to 400, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray

Season chicken strips with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning

Coat strips in crushed cereal and place on cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 minutes (until browned) and let sit for 5 minutes after removing from oven (chicken gets crispier this way)

We dipped them in honey mustard, barbeque sauce and ketchup (seperately, not mixed together)

SO yummy.

CHUNTZ said...

Jess my love, Im so happy you found me! Love the blog, love you!

Unknown said...

Jessica! You look like you're doing so well!! I miss the days in the control room in the Brimhall. Have you graduated yet??