James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Interesting...

I have been tagged once again. The rules of this tag are to share 10 interesting things about yourself and then tag 3 other people. I can't promise that this post will be very interesting...we are pretty boring people :)

Jessica:

01. I move a lot. I have lived in California (Fairfield, Walnut Creek), Oregon (Eugene), Connecticut (Bethel), Utah (Provo, Lindon, Salt Lake City), Italy (Rome, Torino) and NEW JERSEY (RANDOLPH).

02. I partied with Jerry Garcia when I was in first grade. I was best friends with a girl who's father had been a member of the Grateful Dead, and the whole band came to her birthday party. I will be honest, I had NO idea who he was and why all the parents were making such a big deal about it.

03. I have been on the Today Show. It's true...I am famous. My mom and I stood outside in the plaza and flirted with a cameraman until he agreed to start the segment with his camera on me. How did I use my 10 seconds on national television? "Wait, am I on? The camera is on? The show is going? Oh." Yes, I was a real ratings winner. I am surprised they didn't offer me Katie's spot right then and there.

04. I speak Italian (or at least I used to...not many italians to practice with in Utah).

05. I love to cook, and I pretty much want Rachel Ray's job. Too bad she drives me completely crazy. I would love to go to culinary arts school in Italy and then have my own travel/food show. I know, keep dreaming.

06. I saw Elton John perform at the Colosseum in Rome. I learned an important lesson that night: italians don't really know how to rock out...lots of "deer in the headlights" looks.

07. I organized my high school Homecoming Pageant. NOT really my thing, but it was a lot of fun. I guess I should have read the job description when I ran for Student Body Special Events Chair :)

08. I am a health nut and I love to exercise. I can run for about 8 miles without getting tired, and I can probably tell you the nutritional content of most foods. Unfortunately, I also love ice cream and baked goods.

09. I have a thing for grocery stores and markets. When I lived in Europe, I dragged my friends into every grocery store in every country that we visited, just to explore. For me, there is no such thing as a "quick shopping trip"...I have to go down every aisle, just to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything. Reece LOVES it. I guess this strange fixation can be attributed to my love of food.

10. I am somewhat addicted to television, but only when I can buy a show on DVD. My current collection includes Grey's Anatomy, Arrested Development, Gilmore Girls, and The Office.

Reece:

01. He dated a girl in high school who was fascinated with crop circles. Also, she thought Hogwarts was a real school and was determined to get in. She must have been really hot.

02. When he opened his mission call, he saw Colum... and immediately thought Columbia, got super pumped to convert the drug lords, then read on and realized it really said Columbus, Ohio. Reece maintains that Ohio was scarier that Columbia could ever be :)

03. He knows every little fact about every little thing...he is a walking trivia book. I think he should go on Millionaire and win us some money...I swear, he would get the million.

04. He was approached by a recruiter and asked to join a modeling agency. Yes, that's right ladies, my husband is really, really ridiculously good looking.

05. He was almost arrested right before his mission for public urination. His car broke down and, well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Just as he had finished, a cop car pulled up to help and the cop figured out what he had just done.

06. He buys me flowers every singe week. He hasn't missed a week since our first date.

07. He is a BRILLIANT cook...way better than me. He invents the most incredible dishes on the spot. Every once in awhile he spoils me with some exotic meal when I get home from work.

08. He is extremely intelligent...and could do and be anything he wants if he decides that he wants it. When he was a kid, he made a recording of himself playing the piano and played the recording whenever he was supposed to be practicing. His plan worked well until his dad found him playing Nintendo instead of the "piano".

09. He is the most patient person in the world, unless presents are involved. I guess you would have to be the most patient person in the world to be married to me :)

10. If he so much as takes a 15 minute walk, he immediately drops 5 pounds. How is this in any way fair?

3 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

Oh my gosh!! How are you?!!? I'm so glad you found my blog..now I'll be stalking you as well ;) I'm going to add you to mine hope that is OK!

Kimba said...

First of all, 8 miles? You could be my trainer. I used to do 3.5 in the am and that was it. You are my hero!

Second, I hadn't heard the piano story and I'm dying!!!! Ah! Reece!

Kimba said...

OH! And a modeling agency! Holy crap if that isn't one of my most secret desires, I don't know what is! That Reece..he should have said yes!