James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, March 7, 2008

Only in the Movies...


Today was my day off. I slept in until 10, made french toast and watched Grey's until about 2pm. I took Jack outside and let him run around on the 5x5 ft "lawn" in front of our complex. It was so nice outside that I decided to go for a run. It was a GREAT run...I went up past the Capitol and down into Memory Grove. Man, I felt good. After a nice long shower, I did my hair, slipped back into my robe (because who actually gets dressed on their day off?) and decided that it was time to do a little cleaning. About 2 min after I started vacuuming my living room, I realized that the filter was clogged, and when I went to empty it out, was immediately engulfed in a giant cloud of carcinogenic nastiness. I ran to the front door, stuck the filter outside and realized that Jack was making a beeline for freedom. I jumped outside and shut the door just in time. So there I was, on our front porch, in my bathrobe. Perfect setup. I cleaned the filter, turned around to jump back inside and spare myself the humiliation of running into a neighbor or something, and of course.......the door was locked.

ISN'T THIS KIND OF CRAP USUALLY RESERVED FOR TELEVISION?

I had to laugh to keep from crying, jumped onto our balcony, taking great care to keep my robe closed, and proceeded to bust the screen off of our window (there goes our deposit). Of course, the window was also locked. Jack found the whole thing hilarious- he just sat at the sliding door, taunting me. I was rescued by a good Samaritan who offered me the use of her phone (I'm sure the second I handed it back to her she wasted no time in calling everyone on her contact list..."You won't believe what happened today!...Yeah, in nothing but her ROBE!").

I hate having days off. Nothing but trouble.

2 comments:

aubrie said...

That must have totally sucked at the time, but I have to admit, it's pretty dang funny now. :)

Kimba said...

I'm sure you looked absolutely hot! :) So glad you got back in though, especially in the cold! Wet hair+robe=frigid. I am definitely jealous of the rest of your day though!