James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chocolate Wafers and Jack from "Lost"

This morning, Reece announced to me that he was going to take me on a "hot date" tonight, so when I got home from work we gathered up our gift cards (getting married is awesome...you never seem to run out of gift cards from the wedding) and hit up Market Street Grill, followed by a trip to the big screen to see Vantage Point. I was a bit worried about leaving our baby (ok, our kitten) alone for so long, but Reece convinced me that he would be ok and that I was NOT being a horrible mother by going out for a few hours. I swear, this cat rules our lives. Anyway, I have never really been a fish person, but the fresh salmon at Market Street is to die for, and we got the "early bird special" that includes ice cream and a chocolate wafer for dessert. That's right...chocolate wafer. Next up was Vantage Point, a movie that both of us have been wanting to see for awhile. Reece will be the first to tell anyone that I am not the easiest person to watch a movie with, especially intense or scary movies. I guess I "ask too many questions"...thus ruining the flick for him. I just like to know what is going on, that's all. Anyway, this movie was the definition of intense, and there were long periods of time that I kept my fingers in my ears (an old technique of mine...somehow if the noise level is lower, so is the fear factor). I asked more questions than a four-year-old, and even got "shushed" by the grumpy guy behind us. Just keep that pudgy hand in the popcorn buddy... I am proud to announce that I guessed who the bad guy was within the first 15 minutes of the movie...I do have a knack for figuring out the twist in a plot at the very beginning (yet another thing that drives my husband nuts). Good movie. Go see it. And ladies, there is a bonus: Jack from Lost is one of the main characters. Yum. Chocolate wafers and Jack from Lost....what a great night :) Thanks to Reece for a very hot date.

0 comments: