James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Art of Being Stupid...

Today, I got up and headed to KSL. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't need my jacket. I even had time to grab a 32 oz. DDP from our Chevron. Things were looking bright. I got to my desk, sat through the story meeting, and started working on my very intriguing assignment.

Then...it hit.

The nausea, followed by cold sweats, followed by a dash to the bathroom. The flu bug refuses to leave my body- he is seriously camped out, deep within my stomach, just waiting for the most inopportune time to wreak havoc on my insides.

Did I mention we had a station meeting scheduled for this afternoon, catered by some fabulous local eatery? I didn't even get to stay long enough to find out what delicious delicacy the glorious smell belonged to...just my luck.

The good part about my sudden sickness was that it allowed me to spend the day with Reece, who has Wednesdays off. The bad part (aside from the stomach pains) was that he had to dedicate ALL of his time and attention to a 10 page paper, due tonight.

I have mentioned before that I am an extremist when it comes to organization and cleanliness. We have a kitten, therefore our apartment can only remain clean and orderly for about 15 minutes at a time. I am cursed with the inability to relax in a messy area...so immediately after stepping into the apartment I went about making the bed, vacuuming the carpet, cleaning last night's dishes...etc. Reece thinks I am crazy, and maybe I am, but seriously, I get STRESSED if things aren't in their right place. The bug living in my stomach seems to get high off of my stress, so I had to rob him of that pleasure.

So what does a sick girl do after she cleans the entire apartment? She decides that it would be extremely therapeutic to go for a long run outside....

I almost died. And anyone fortunate enough to have been driving/walking/running on Bountiful Boulevard at the time of my demise got quite the show...puke+wind+tears=total misery.

I think there may be a very sound reason for my continued ailments. Does anyone specialize in teaching the art of relaxation???

1 comments:

Mrs. Gibbons said...

Oh Jess...I kind of have the same problem. I'm pretty sure I have Bronchitis and have had it for about 4 or 5 weeks now. I am just now going to the doctor tomorrow. My life isn't allowed to stop when I'm sick, so I always end up getting sicker. what can you do? We're adults now. Sucky, huh?