James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Antsy...

I am officially antsy. The time has come for me to embark on another adventure. Those who know me also know that I have an EXTREMELY difficult time staying put in one place for long periods of time. The following list describes my nomadic tendencies over the past five years:

1. Lindon, UT to
2. Provo, UT to
3. Randolf, NJ to
4. Rome, Italy to
5. Torino, Italy to
6. Provo, UT to
7. Randolf, NJ to
8. Lindon, UT to
9. Provo, UT to
10. Salt Lake City, UT

I spared you several "back to Lindon" moves, by the way. It's not that I like the actual moving process, I just like the newness of going somewhere else. I like the unexpected. I like change (as far as surroundings go). I thought this itch might subside after marriage, but unfortunately, I now feel the need to pull Reece into my wandering ways. Poor guy.

I blame my parents. Growing up, we moved a lot. We lived in the bay area for the majority of my childhood, but did stints in Eugene, OR and Bethel, CT before making the more permanent Utah move. We traveled a lot as a family as well. I am severely infected with the incurable travel bug, and I am unconvinced that I will ever fully "recover".

It looks like we will be adding a few more locations to the above list within the next couple of years. There is an increasingly strong possibility that we will be moving to Logan in August so that Reece can finish up at Utah State. Grad school apps are due in February, so we should know where we will be heading the following August. I think we are both pulling for Arizona.

For now, I am going to focus on making Salt Lake City my city. I have tried to claim each place that I have lived as my own by discovering my "things". My grocery store. My pizza place. My jogging trail. My reading spot..... you get the picture. Now that the sunshine is starting to make a cameo, I look forward to getting to know my current city better. The only way to get to know a place is to experience it, and that is what I intend to do (and experiencing is a lot easier when it isn't FRIGID cold).

Salt Lake City, I'm Jessica. Let's be friends.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love your blog, it's cute! I hear ya on making the city yours, I did the same thing finding secret spots all over the city when I lived in the avenues. On 2nd Ave and barely East of the Brigham Young memorial park there's a little park that is fantastic for reading outside. :) Enjoy!