James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And I Shall Call It....Zoo Day...

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of our engagement, and since we both had the day off today, we decided to celebrate (believe me, we will look for ANY excuse to have a celebration).

We started the day with brunch at Ruth's Diner.
















Coincidentally, this is the same restaurant we ate at before Reece proposed.
















After a fabulous feast of world-famous biscuits, breakfast burritos and omelets, we headed to Hogle Zoo. Naturally.




















I liked the elephants. (You should know that as Reece took this picture, he told me that it looked like I was the elephant on display. Generally NOT something a girl likes to hear).































Reece, however, had a different experience with these gentle giants.




















He seemed to have developed a strong bond with the Albino Alligator. Check out those white legs and you might figure out why :)
















I had a thing for the deformed camel. I think it may have had something to do with those luscious lips...

















We learned that, contrary to popular belief, Reece's extraordinarily long arm span does not match that of the mighty gorilla.

















We both enjoyed the zebras, although you wouldn't know it from this picture. The zebra decided to hide behind our huge noggins....either that, or our photographer didn't really understand the assignment.
















All in all, it was a fabulous day. We took about 4 million pictures, but I am quickly losing patience with the photo upload feature.
Also...zoos = babies. Lots and lots of darling, adorable, cheek-squeezable babies. NOT great for the oft-mentioned baby hunger.
AGAIN: This stupid layout thing is KILLING me! Tips? Suggestions? Condolences?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

As far as the layout questions... I keep posting and editing until I figure it out. but usually if you push enter/return to start a new paragraph between pictures that helps!

Sorry I'm nog good at describing this, good luck!

PS: cute zoo pictures, I wanna go to the zoo!

Kristina said...

Hey, I'm linked on your blog! And here I thought I was secretly, sneakily, and perhaps somewhat stalkerishly reading yours! Lol. Your green layout made me change mine to green, glorious green. Your blog is so fun--the titles are great, sono molti entertaining! As far as your pics go, when you upload them choose "no layout" for the pictures, and then put them on their own line from the text. That should help. *nod*

Kimba said...

How am I NOT surprised that Reece's wingspan nearly covers the gorilla's?