James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, May 23, 2013

A farewell to Utah...

I guess now is as good a time as any to try to get back on the blogging horse once again -- especially since now we live far, far away from our parents and they're pretty much the main readers of this thing anyway.

So, we moved.
To Washington.

Seattle, to be exact.

It's a little crazy to say (or in this case, type) out loud.
I'm still processing, I suppose. 

Before we took off, my insanely talented and lovely and wonderful and magical (I could go on and on and on and on) sister-in-law Dianna threw us the going-away party of the century.

It was perfect, down to every little detail.
We're talking a custom photo booth, tattoos, pinata, fishing wall -- the works.

We were completely overwhelmed by how many of our family members and closest friends came to bid us farewell.  I just wish we'd been able to get photos with everyone.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: we are the luckiest.


 Di set up a little table where guests could write a message and stick it in a bottle for us to take with us to Seattle.
After the party, Reece and I sat and read the notes.
The result was equal parts laughing and crying.

We really are the luckiest.

0 comments: