James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The locks revisited...

Nana's last day in Seattle boasted the best weather we'd seen since migrating to the Pacific Northwest, so we decided a visit to the locks was in order.
For the record: this activity is 4,000-percent better when it's not pouring rain.

Trust me.


 This time around, we were able to watch boats be lowered into the sound in the giant lock(s?), a process Lola found fascinating.

I was busy being entranced by my yacht.


 She's a beaut, no?

James got bored and smashed his pb&j into the stroller seat.
When I finally got that mess cleaned up, he repeated the deed with a granola bar.

I can't win.
But check out this diabolical laugh:


Hard to stay angry with the boy for long, let me assure you.

We ended the outing with a serious stroller stick battle.
I'm not sure who won, but I am sure that I probably shouldn't allow my children to swing sticks at each other for fun.

But look how happy they were!


 We love, love, LOVED having Nana come to play.
Only wish she'd been able to stay longer...

0 comments: