James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Painting the town...

Sheesh, I'm so behind on this thing.

Back when Kelly was here, we spent an afternoon walking around downtown.
We kicked off our tour at the market, where Lola finally summoned the courage to ride the pig.


We made our usual rounds -- picked out our flowers, gorged our faces with cookies, gobbled the heavenly peach samples from the stand I hope to someday be able to afford.


We took Kelly to Le Panier for our favorite baguette and macarons in the city.
Her Parisian palate gave the goods an official stamp of approval, so I'm feeling vindicated and justified in eating more than my share.
Good stuff, peeps.

The kids and I browsed while Kelly did a little shopping.
Lola found her dream bike at Free People.
"Let's buy it Mom!"

Broke her sweet little heart when I had to explain to her that a) It wasn't for sale and b) she couldn't sit in the basket.


To lift her spirits, we took a ride on her beloved "monowail."
This little city chick took Kelly's hand and led her right where we needed to be.

Sometimes her lack of fear makes me nervous.


We ended the afternoon with the whales that live by the International Fountain.
Lola always gets frustrated by their refusal to show their faces.

0 comments: