James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Seattle church...


 We slipped on our raincoats and headed to our new ward this morning.
Our building is in the beautiful Magnolia neighborhood, and I'd willingly donate a limb to own a house there someday.

The chapel was packed when we arrived so we sat in the foyer.
Our babies immediately set out to make a few new friends -- this is most definitely a baby-dominated ward.

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.
The bishopric pulled all the new families (most of us are summer interns) aside for a getting-to-know-you chat.
I lost count of how many people introduced themselves and asked how they could help us adjust to life in Seattle.
One sweet woman even wrote me a little note with her phone number, telling me to call if I needed anything or felt like a little adult conversation.

It's the little things, you know?

And let's just take a minute to discuss the nursery, or should I say Disneyland.
Holy guacamole, it's going to be difficult to get Lola to leave when church is over.

I have a feeling we are going to thoroughly enjoy our time in the Seattle First Ward.

Just how necessary is it to go back to school in August?

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Oh my gosh, I love Lola's Rain Coat.