James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A quarter of the way there...

Reece left for Seattle with our car and 97 percent of our clothing this morning.

Packing for a significant amount of time is SO. MUCH. EASIER. than packing for a weekend away.
I quite literally just emptied the contents of our drawers and closets into big, clear bins and that was that.
No time or energy spent debating which outfits would best suit the weather, the activities, the photo ops, etc.

Thank heaven for washing machines.

Reece praised my ability to fit my belongings into just one box and made a point to discuss this seemingly-impossible feat with anyone who cared to listen (Lola is his go-to girl in these types of situations).
Little does he know my true motives behind packing light: I'd much rather give the space to items acquired in the heart of Seattle's shopping district.

Maybe he does know this...

We received our housing assignment earlier this week and were pleased (ECSTATIC) to learn that we'll be in an apartment overlooking the waterfront in downtown Seattle.  We're about five blocks from the Space Needle and a mile from Pike's Market. 

I'm still in need of a very sharp pinching -- in fact, I don't think I'll believe it until we are unpacking those boxes of our possessions, looking out the window of our 8th-floor apartment into the Puget Sound.

I feel so lucky that we get to do this.
I am so proud of Reece for earning this opportunity.
And most of all, I can't wait to see what Lola does when she sees the flying fish at Pike's.

Here's to a new city and a new adventure! 
Wish us luck.

3 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

oh man! This makes me so sad, yet so happy for you guys. You are about to embark on such an amazing little adventure! What a fun 3 months you'll have {and hopefully we will be apart of it for a weekend, too1} love you guys!!

Alysha and Jason said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Where are you guys living? From your description, it sounds like we are in the same area, maybe even the same building! We are at the Olympus and if you're here, it is awesome. We have walked to Pikes, the aquarium, the Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is).