James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saved by the leprechaun...

I didn't realize it was St. Patrick's Day until about noon yesterday.

Usually I'm all about this holiday, being part Irish and all.
Since we've been married I've forced my husband, and later my daughter, to dress in green from head to toe as I served them all manner of green-tinted food.

One year I even bought those nasty gold coins filled with chocolate and forced myself to eat every last one in the spirit of my heritage.
Or something like that.

So you can see how my lack of preparation this year was cause for serious panic.

It's a good thing "Green" the Leprechaun (friend of "Pink" the Elf) took things into his own hands (and maybe had a little help from Target) and left my kids a shamrock scavenger hunt to find their pot 'o gold.

Lola was excellent at following the clues left behind on each four-leafed clover, and it didn't take her long to find the end of the rainbow.


 James was all about this pot of gold business.
And apparently shamrocks are great for teething.


 Lola and I painted our fingernails with the polish Green left us.
Perfect pinching insurance.

I didn't really have the energy -- or the stomach, for that matter -- to cook up our traditional green eggs and hash browns this year, so instead we settled on bagel burgers and sweet potato fries.
Which, when you really think about it, were totally appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.
 The Irish love both beef and potatoes, right?

We tucked our little leprechauns in their beds and ended the holiday with a hefty dose of "The Walking Dead."
Because zombies and leprechauns are basically the same, right?
Yeah...

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

You are so cute! What a great mama! I love these creative ideas. Don't worry, I'll be copying you when I become a mama. :) Your kids are so beautiful!