James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Quadruple the fun...

My little family is all over the place these days.

Reece stays insanely busy in the Tanner Building.
I can be found chasing my children in and out of every room in this here house.
Lola stays busy with her gaggle of pals.
James rolls and scoots and wiggles and crawls anywhere and everywhere and just writing about it makes me exhausted.

The four of us are rarely ever home/awake at the same time.
Which is kind of nuts, because I expected this phenomenon to come much later in life.

It is for this very reason that we [ME] determined the family was in dire need of a little bonding time.
And nothing brings families together like Disney, especially when ice skates are involved.


Friday evening we made the trek to our little city.
I hate that it now takes a 35-minute drive to get downtown, when it used to require about a five minute walk.

We stopped by KSL to say hello to a few of my friends and coworkers.
I really do miss being in the newsroom every week.


Stay classy, Salt Lake City.

From there we skipped to the Gateway for a quick bite before the show.
I get a kick out of my little city girl and her confidence in navigating her old hood.
It's amazing what these little people remember...


 And then, it was showtime.


 Since our tickets were free (yet another reason I will work for ksl.com until they get sick of me), we let Lola pick out one of the insanely expensive snow cone cups.
I assumed she would want Jessie, but she insisted on Buzz, which is weird because she's never been a Buzz girl.

It was only when I went to pay that I realized she had chosen the one cup that was $5 more than any other.
Seriously, that Buzz cup better fly on its own, be made of solid gold and clean my kitchen.

But Lola was in heaven, so even if she doesn't get to go to college as a result, it was worth the expense.


It's times like these that remind me how delightful motherhood is.
Reece and I spent the majority of the time watching our kids watch the show.
Lola never stopped smiling and clapped until her little palms turned red.
It was such a wonderful night with my little family.


 By the end of the night, the kids were exhausted and refused to fulfill my dream of snapping a suitable family photo.
But that's OK, because despite my triple chin, the one we got will always make me smile.

Life is crazy good, folks.
Crazy, crazy good.

0 comments: