James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A guy's guide to London...

Reece and I are different in so many ways, but perhaps the single thing that sets us apart in the most significant way is the manner in which we document things.

That, and the fact that he drinks Dr. Pepper, while I drink Diet.

To illustrate my point, consider the following numbers...

My week-long trip to the East Coast resulted in roughly 670 pictures.
Seven days in the U.K. inspired about 25 pictures on my husband's phone.

That number would have been much lower had I not specifically instructed him to take enough to compose a decent blog post...
Happily, all 25 pictures are pretty fantastic -- that husband of mine knows how to take a photo.

The guys had about three days to see the sights before getting to down to work on their project, so they hit the ground running and made the most of their free time.


In two days, they visited Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the Natural History Museum, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Kings Cross (for the Harry Potter nerd in them all), Oxford Circus and a few other places that Reece's jet lag is preventing him from recalling at the moment.

Oh, and they ate.
These are probably my favorite pictures...


 Or maybe these...
(protesters get even crazier overseas -- "say no to breast implants!" "Occupy LOVE!")


 Awesome.

The next day, Reece fulfilled a lifelong dream.


I learned everything I know about tennis from my tennis-buff husband.
 
I think he could have spent the entire week at Wimbledon.
During our Skype conversation that night, he spent a good ten minutes describing the grass.
The GRASS.

He's so cute when he's excited.

He also got to check out the Chelsea Football Club field but apparently was too distracted by its beauty to take pictures. 
But he brought us home plenty of Chelsea swag, so I forgive him.

The rest of his trip was spent burning the midnight oil at Honeywell.

I'm so proud of Reece for working so hard and earning such incredible opportunities.

I'm also crazy thrilled to have him home.
Our babies couldn't be happier -- I think they were getting tired of all mama, all day.
We missed him very, very much.

Reece made sure to bring me adequate compensation for caring for his children while he was away...


I love that man (though my waistline will hold a grudge against him until at least April).

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

MILKA IS MY FAVORITE EUROPEAN CHOCOLATE! BRING ME SOME!

Justly said...

Digestives? That's a horrible name for a chocolate
bar...