James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Seven months: the James edition...

Today my baby is closer to one than he is to zero, and that, my friends, is cah-ray-zee.


This sweet, blue-eyed boy of mine continues to make life so beautiful for our little family.

This month, he discovered his voice in a big way and quickly determined that he loves it.
Thus, he often makes himself known whenever anyone else tries to talk, and his high-pitched squeal dominates every time.


He got his first ear infection and a double eye infection last week and never stopped smiling through it all (except when I came at him with the eye drops -- I think this kid could be a professional boxer someday).  I can't get over how happy he is, how content he is just to be surrounded by people.


He HATES being left alone, which has made it difficult for me to get anything done.
His sweet Lola is always a willing source of entertainment for him and will sing and/or dance for him for hours (I pay her in fruit snacks).  
James adores her, and they have a lovely friendship that melts my heart into a puddle.


Often I'll hear giggling from the next room and enter to find my children laying next to each other on a blanket cuddling (or in James' case, grabbing Lola's face).
I hope they stay this way forever.

My boy loves to eat, and yells at me when I'm not getting the food into his mouth at a pace which suits him.
Boy oh boy, is he a yeller.
He doesn't even really cry anymore -- it's all about the yelling.


As far as milestones go, he is officially sitting up on his own and will probably be crawling any day now -- a fact that terrifies me and amuses me at the same time.

Since he got sick his sleep schedule went out the window -- meaning he just doesn't sleep.
It's back to zombieland for me.
At least I'll be ready for the pending apocalypse...

The kid puts everything in his mouth, something we never had to worry about with Lola.
I caught him sucking on a dirty diaper the other day and realized I should probably take this pastime seriously...


He hates his binky.
He loves Sofi the giraffe.
Nothing is safe from his little fingers.
I swear he can say "thank you"

We are so in love with this little man.
I am so grateful to be his mother.

I just wish he would be more obedient and stop growing up so fast.
Happy seven months, Mister Jams!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Can. I. Squeeze. Him?

Alysha and Jason said...

Did Lola dress him in a dress? :)

Mrs. Gibbons said...

Oh my gosh! I love him. I can't wait in 25 years when our kids get married.