James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Six months: the James edition


Today we celebrate six months of James Reece.

We've hit some serious milestones over the past four weeks.
The boy sprouted his two bottom teeth (please pray for me).
He learned to sit up on his own (as long as there is something for him to reach for -- preferably something chewable).
He rolls at the speed of light (and often ends up under the Christmas tree).


He rarely stops chattering -- his current favorite words being "dada" "mama" and "doodoo."
I have three people who will go on the record saying he said "hello" at dinner tonight.
He still looooooves his mama, and his mama still looooooooves that fact.
He's still nursing but enjoys an occasional bowl of baby oatmeal or a smushed banana.
He still prefers ice cream over any of the above.
He weighs almost seventeen pounds and measures 26 inches long.

He's FINALLY sleeping through the night, so his mama is no longer a complete zombie, which makes everyone happy.
Unfortunately, he now skimps on naps.
But he's so pleasant when he's awake, I don't even mind.


 He adores his sister. 
Unless she tries to steal his glory -- then things get ugly.


To which she responds...


Oh how I love my monkeys.

Just like his older sister, James Reece is such a blessing.

He makes me smile.
He makes me laugh.
He makes me calm.
He makes me grateful.

He makes me wonder what I ever did to deserve him.

Happy six months to my baby boy!

7 comments:

Jo said...

He is soooooooooooooooo cute! You have the cutest children ever.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SWEET! I love this! I really can't wait to squeeze both your babies! :)

Lisa said...

I can't believe he's already six months. Super cute, though!

Lindsey Bell said...

the pictures are SOOOOO cute. I LOVE Jamsey's face!!! I love the one where he is crying...too cute

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

Hold it.... is that Christmas tree decorated with BEANIE BABIES??? Please discus....

AJ and Cindy said...

we love your kids! and james is just about the cutest little guy ever, I would be happy if any one of my girls ended up with him :) we CAN arrange that, right?