James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Five babies and a cabin...

We just returned from an amazing weekend at a cabin near Heber with some of our wonderful friends.

There is really nothing quite like cozying up next to a big fire, feasting on guacamole, hummus and pizza while gabbing the night away and watching "Elf" about 40,000 times with people you truly love.

Our motley crew was composed of six adults, two toddlers and three infants.
It was nothing short of epic.

Mitch, E and Shannon (minus little Vieve)
Jenny, Penelope and Marty
Candace and Jared

Lola and E enjoyed a few stories with Shan before bed.
As you can see, Lola is quite taken with Emerson, but who wouldn't be?


None of us got much sleep.
We stayed up waaaaayyy too late in the first place (totally worth it), and around 4 a.m. I heard Lola saying, "Dad, can I brush my teeth?  Where's my pony paste?  Do you like the color yellow? Dad, WAKE UP!!!"

Next I heard Reece saying something like, "KSDJF:OWIEJFOEIWJ:JIWEFE:OIJ... sleep!"

Yeah, it was rough.

This morning we woke up and made french toast with Great Harvest cinnamon burst bread, because there's no other way to make french toast.


 And then it was time to bundle up the babes for some sledding.
Poor Lola was quite traumatized because all she wanted to do was throw a snowball, and her dummy of a mother forgot to pack gloves.
Who am I kidding though?
I haven't even purchased a pair of Lola gloves yet.
My completely ineffectual way of protesting winter, I suppose.


James wasn't too keen on all the layers, but the intense bundling kept him from protesting too loudly.


 I love sledding.
Apparently I had forgotten how much.

It's especially fantastic when you're wearing skinny jeans instead of snow pants and the "brake" breaks halfway down the hill.

Candace and I almost died.
Laughing, that is.


 Lola insisted on watching Reece tackle the hill from the window.
She was riveted.


I'm hoping my girl will warm up to the sport before winter is over, because I think she'd love it.

We feel so lucky to have such lovely friends.
And spending 48 uninterrupted hours with my little family was a very rare treat that I needed more than I realized.

Thanks to Jared and Candace for hosting our crazy bunch! 

4 comments:

Jodi Escalante said...

How do you know Candace? Was this her cabin? If so, Michael and I have definitely spent a night there! --This was way back when she was dating a friend of Michael's named T.J. Is she married now? (we have definitely lost touch) Anyways-It looks like you had a blast! I hate the cold weather unless there is snow fun to be had, and then it makes it all worth it! Happy Holidays

Alysha and Jason said...

Yay for cabins! :)

Candace said...

Such a fun adventure! I loved catching up with you, and your family is just adorable. Happy holidays and let's get planning NYC 2012! Xoxo

Jo said...

Fun!!!