James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Finally...

It's done.

The late nights.
The early mornings.
The endless study sessions.
The diet of caffeine, sugar and fast food.
The crazy stress.
The single parenthood.

Reece has officially completed his first semester of graduate school, and I for one could not be more thrilled.

[insert sigh of relief here]

I can't even begin to describe how fantastic it feels to know that my husband will still be at my side when I wake up tomorrow morning.
That hasn't happened in months.

I intend to squeeze every last drop of goodness out of every single one of the 14+ days of Reece's break.
So much so, in fact, that he'll most likely be begging to go back to class by January.

To celebrate the end of finals week, we left our girl with a sitter and went out on the town with the Ellisses and the Wildings for pizza, cupcakes and the new Sherlock Holmes.

Totally digging this whole "having a husband again" thing.

And I'm so very proud of that husband of mine.


4 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

AND your beloved sister and brother in law are coming to see you! You are so lucky!

AJ and Cindy said...

you survived! so happy for you guys, I hope you get to enjoy this break to the fullest :)

Unknown said...

This is why I'm scared when Eric goes to graduate school. Being a single mom for a while will be hard!

Jodi Escalante said...

I know how you feel!! I am not a parent yet so I have not had the experience of being a single mother while Michael is swallowed up in his MBA, but the rest I can sympathize with! We are so happy to have his first semester under his belt. I am loving that he has a break from school and love getting to spend time with him before our little one arrives!

How was Sherlock II btw? We have been wanting to see it.